What impact are the new wave of Covid-19-related Public Health Orders (which came into effect on November 19th) going to have on worship and ministry at Sevenoaks?
- All in-person worship services are suspended until at least December 7th.
- All church-related in-person gatherings of any size or for any purpose, whether in the church building or elsewhere, are suspended until at least December 7th.
- For greater certainty, this means that all small group meetings, Gospel Communities, Bible studies and prayer groups must suspend gathering in person.
- Some of the gatherings which had been planned will be held virtually. Others will be rescheduled, indefinitely postponed, or cancelled.
- The church office will remain open during our ordinary office hours, which are from 8:30 until 4:30 Monday through Thursday.
- However, any one entering the church office lobby will now be required to wear a mask.
- Church staff will continue to be permitted to come to work, but will be required to wear masks at all times except when they are sitting at their desks in their own offices.
There are THREE exceptions to the prohibition against in-person gatherings:
- Staff meetings
- The Monday night A.R.M. meetings. (However, ARM participants will now be required to wear masks at all times.)
- We are permitted to have a team of up to 10 staff members and/or volunteers gather together for the purpose of recording and/or livestreaming an online worship service.
- The Candlelight Memorial Service that was planned for Tuesday December 8th will now be held virtually. More information on this will be forthcoming.
At least three of our regular weekly/biweekly ministry gatherings will now be suspended until the new year, regardless of whether or not the current order prohibiting in-person gatherings is lifted on December 7th:
- The Sevenoaks Kids Sunday morning program